The Resource 1789 : the threshold of the modern age, David Andress
- 1789 : the threshold of the modern age, David Andress
- Title remainder
- the threshold of the modern age
- Statement of responsibility
- David Andress
- First published: London : Little, Brown, 2008
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -422) and index
- "He snatched lighting from the heavens" : Benjamin Franklin, the Enlightenment and France's crisis of the 1780s -- "The best model the world has ever produced" : governing America and Britain in the traumatic 1780s -- "Vibrating between a monarchy and a corrupt oppressive aristocracy" : The woes of France and America, 1787-8 -- "The seeds of decay and corruption" : Britain, empire and the king's madness, 1784-8 -- "The base laws of servitude" : empire, slavery and race in the 1780s -- "That offspring of tyranny, baseness and pride" : abolitionism, political economy and the people's rights -- "Constant effort and continuous emulation" : the revolutions of cotton and steam -- "This general agitation of public insanity" : France and Britain in the spring of 1789 -- "Highly fraught with disinterested benevolence" : empire, reason, race and profit in the Pacific -- "Deep rooted prejudices, and malignity of heart, and conduct" : President Washington and the war in the West -- "No, sire, it is a revolution" : from the Estates-General to the Bastille, France, May-July 1789 -- "For all men, and for all countries" : declaring rights in America and France -- "Your houses will answer for your opinions" : the French Revolution imperiled -- "The greatest event it is that ever happened in the world" : the British and the French Revolution -- Conclusion : 1789/1798
- Control code
- 24 cm.
- 1st American ed.
- vi, 439 p.,  p. of plates
- Isbn Type
- (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Other physical details
- ill., maps
- System control number
ContextContext of 1789 : the threshold of the modern age, David Andress
Embeddable Data - Experimental
Choose settings, then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance 1789 : the threshold of the modern age, David Andress
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-lg fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://alanson.library.link/resource/IuKc2v-wUXo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://alanson.library.link/resource/IuKc2v-wUXo/">1789 : the threshold of the modern age, David Andress</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://alanson.library.link/#AAP"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://alanson.library.link/">Alanson Area Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Alanson Area Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.